Divorce Appraiser ■ Probate Appraiser ■ Estate Appraiser ■ Family Law Appraiser
Property Tax Appeal Appraisal
Bernhardt Appraisal Tax Appeal – Get Help. Unhappy with your property tax bill? Confused by all of the numbers, that do not seem to apply to your home? RMV, assessed value, help! Get an Oregon Certified Appraiser, Nathan Bernhardt, tax appeal appraisal expert, to provide clarity as to your actual property value.
We are familiar with the terms and timelines for the tax appeal appraisal process.
Bernhardt Appraisal specializes in Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties.
Specializing in Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties, though we can help with this process throughout the State of Oregon.
The guidelines and process for appealing your property taxes are specific across the state, though each county has variations in the time the appeals will be heard and other particulars. Generally, to be successful in your appeal, you must provide evidence of the MARKET VALUE of your property on January 1, 2013, the date the assessor used to establish the real market value of your property.
Below are examples of the types of evidence you might use to convince the board the value of your property should be reduced to the value you are requesting.
- Documentation of a recent arm’s length sale of the property.
- A fee appraisal of your property dated close to January 1 of the assessment year.
- Proof that the property has been listed for sale on the open market for a reasonable period of time at a price below the real market value on the tax roll.
- A comparison of properties similar to yours in location, size, and quality that sold near the valuation date of January 1 of the assessment year and are adjusted for differences
- The cost of new construction that occurred close to January 1 and was performed by a professional contractor.
- The cost to repair your property. You should provide written estimates of the cost of the repairs.
- For business property, provide documentation of income and expense information, cost of the asset and/or a comparison of similar properties that sold near the valuation date of January 1
- Appeal Rights
You can appeal the real market value, specially assessed value or assessed value of your property. The Board of Property Tax Appeals can only hear appeals of the current tax year values. The Board does not have authority to consider appeals for any other tax years.
If you are appealing principal or secondary industrial property (including personal property) that is appraised by the Department of Revenue, you must file your appeal directly with the Tax Court.
Get Help Today!
Nathan Bernhardt of Bernhardt Appraisal has the experience and knowledge to ease this process and navigate you through.
Bernhardt Appraisal is proud to be associated with these reputable institutions.
Property Tax Appeal Resources in Portland, Oregon
With an Appraisal you could lower the Property tax Bill, and end misunderstandings and incorrect informationOregon State Bar - Oregon State Bar Association
Multnomah County Bar - mba Multnomah Bar Association
Washington County Bar - Washington County Bar Association
Clackamas County Bar/ - Clackamas County Bar Association
Justia Lawyers - Tax Law Lawyers in Oregon
NOLO LAW ALL - Tax Law Lawyers Search
Lawyers.com- Tax Law Attorneys
FindLaw - Portland Oregon Lawyer Search
HG.org - Legal Resources
LexisNexis - Legal & Professional
Oregon Courts Resources - Self-Help Resources
Multnomah Law Library - Oregon Legal Resources
State of Oregon Law Library - Comprehensive Legal Resources
National Center for State Courts - Self-Representation State Links
Investment Resources - How to Appeal Your Property Taxes
Real Property Tax Advisors - Property Tax Management Resources
Property Tax Appeal NEWS for Oregon
- 0 seconds to go
OregonLive.com - 4 days ago
Few politicians or aspirants want to take a stance against a project that offers new jobs and tax revenues to rural Oregon in general or Coos County in particular. At the same time, there is virulent...
News via Google. See more news matching 'Property Tax Appeal Oregon'
We have collected some videos that you may find helpful during this time.
history of Oregon’s property tax
Paying Too Much in Property Taxes?
Appealing Your Property Taxes
How to Appeal Property Tax Assesmnt
Fight Your Property Tax Assessment